DUBLIN, May 10, 2022 / PRNewswire / – “Global Royalty Rate Trends in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Sectors 2010-2022” report added to by ResearchAndMarkets.com offering.
The Global Royalty Rate Trends in Pharma and Biotech Dealmaking 2010 – 2022 report is your single source for providing real-world information on hundreds of transactions, including licensed technology, royalty rates, license fees, upfront payments and milestones.
This report provides details of the latest partnership agreements revealing a royalty rate, announced in the pharmaceutical, biotech and diagnostics industries. The report provides details on partnership agreements that reveal royalty rates from 2010 to 2022.
The report provides an overview of how and why companies enter into partnership agreements where a royalty is payable at the time of commercialization of the compound or technology.
Understanding the flexibility of the terms of a potential partner’s negotiated agreements provides a critical view of the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve when negotiating the terms. While many smaller companies will look for the details of payment clauses, the devil is in the details in terms of how payments are triggered – contract documents provide this information where press releases and databases don’t.
This report contains a comprehensive list of all partnership agreements announced since 2010 where a quantitative royalty rate has been disclosed, as recorded in the current agreement agreements and alliances database. Each transaction record and royalty disclosure is available in more detail via a link to the online copy of the agreement, including the actual contractual document, where available, as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by the companies and their partners.
The opening chapters of this report provide an orientation on royalty rate trends in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries since 2010. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, while Chapter 2 provides an overview of royalty rate trends in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. biotechnology since 2010, including a summary of recent literature on the subject.
Chapter 3 provides a more detailed view of the structure of a royalty clause and how it fits into the other financial terms of the partnership agreement. The chapter includes several case studies for actual deals where royalty rates were disclosed.
Chapter 4 provides an overview of the companies active in disclosing royalty rates, as well as those offers that attract the highest royalty rates and why.
Chapter 5 provides complete and detailed access to offers disclosing a royalty rate since 2010 where a contractual document is available. The contractual documents provide an in-depth view of the actual terms of the agreement agreed between the parties in relation to the royalty rate.
Additionally, the report includes a comprehensive appendix list of all agreements where a royalty rate announced since 2010. Each list is organized as an appendix by company AZ, development to signing, therapy area and the type of technology. Each deal title hyperlinks to an online version of the deal record including, where available, the actual contract document.
The report includes deals announced by hundreds of life science companies including big pharma like Abbott, Abbvie, Actavis, Amgen, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Baxter, Bayer, Biogen Idec, BMS, Celgene, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Gilead, GSK, J&J , Kyowa Hakko, Merck, Mitsubishi, Mylan, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi, Shire, Takeda, Teva and Valeant, among many others.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a potential broker needs to know about royalty rates in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
- In-depth understanding of partnership agreement trends on royalty rates since 2010
- Analysis of the structure of the royalty clauses with numerous real case studies
- Complete list of all partnership agreements since 2010 where a royalty rate is disclosed, along with terms of agreement, value and press release
- Full access to actual partnership agreements entered into by global life science companies where a royalty rate is disclosed
- Learn more about the royalty terms included in a license agreement, along with examples of real-world terms
- Understand the key terms of the agreement that companies have agreed upon in previous agreements
- Undertake due diligence to assess the appropriateness of the proposed terms of the agreement for partner companies
Available offers and contracts are listed by:
- AZ company
- Security value
- Therapeutic area
- Type of technology
The analysis of the actual contractual agreements makes it possible to evaluate the following:
- What are the exact royalty rates granted?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments controlled?
- What is the term of the agreement?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are intellectual property rights managed and owned?
- Who is responsible for marketing?
- Who is responsible for the development, supply and production?
- How are confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be concluded?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sub-licensing and subcontracting arrangements have been agreed?
- What standard clauses does the company insist on?
- What standard terms seem to differ from partner to partner or from contract type to contract type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist on for contract law?
Key topics covered:
Chapter 1 introduction
1.1. What are royalties?
1.2. Royalty rate history
1.3. Royalties in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector
1.4. Royalty over the revenue share
1.5. Report overview
Chapter 2 – An overview of the royalty rates of the pharmaceutical and biotech sector
2.1. Royalty rate trend 2010-2022
2.2. How are revenue shares calculated?
2.3. A review of recent literature
2.4. Royalty rates in the future
Chapter 3 – The royalty clause in pharmaceutical and biotech agreements
3.1. Structure of the partnership agreement
3.2. Structure of a typical royalty clause
3.3. Examples of royalty clauses
3.3.1. Case study 1
3.3.2. Case study 2
3.3.3. Case study 3
3.3.4. Case study 4
Chapter 4 – Companies that actively disclose royalty rates
4.1. 25 companies most active in disclosing royalty rates
4.2. Best partnership offers by royalty rate
4.3. Best partnership offers by royalty rate
Chapter 5 – Royalty Rate Contracts Directory
Explore the royalty rates within the deal agreement document to get more information
Appendix 1 – Royalty Rates in Business – by AZ Company
Appendix 2 – Royalty Rates in Business – by Therapy Area
Appendix 3 – Royalty Rates in Agreements – by development stage at the time of signing
Appendix 4 – Royalty rates in business – by type of technology
Appendix 5 – Royalty Rate References
Appendix 6 – Example of a contractual document relating to the royalty rate transaction
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vdmxrr
Research and Markets
Laura WoodChief director
For EST office hours Call + 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
USA Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets