MILPITAS, California, April 4, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Electronic System Design (ESD) revenues increased 14.4%. $ 3,031.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2020 a $ 3,468.2 million In the fourth quarter of 2021, the ESD Alliance, a SEMI technology community, announced today in its latest version Electronic Design Market Data Report (EDMD).. The four-quarter moving average, which compares the most recent four quarters with the previous four, increased by 15.8%.
“The industry continued to experience double-digit year-over-year revenue growth for the fourth quarter of 2021 and ended 2021 with 13.2 billion dollars total market revenue, “he said Walden C. RhinesExecutive Sponsor of SEMI Electronic design market data relationship. “The Computer Aided Engineering, Printed Circuit Boards and Multi-Chip Modules, Semiconductor Intellectual Property and Services product categories posted double-digit growth for the quarter. Geographically, the Americas; Europe, Middle EastAnd Africa (EMEA); And Asia Pacific (APAC) have all seen revenue growth. “
Companies tracked in the EDMD The report employed 51,236 people globally in the fourth quarter of 2021, an increase of 5.7% compared to the fourth quarter of 2020 of 48,478 employees and of 0.1% compared to the third quarter of 2021.
The quarterly EDMD report contains detailed information on revenue with the following category and geographical breakdowns.
Revenue by product and category of application – Year-over-year variation
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) revenues increased by 11.2%. $ 1,064.6 million. The four-quarter CAE moving average increased by 12.2%.
- Design and physical verification of the IC revenue fell by 2%. $ 624.5 million. The four-quarter moving average for the category increased by 7%.
- Printed circuit board and multi-chip module (PCB and MCM) revenue increased by 13.9%. $ 333.7 million. The four-quarter moving average for PCB and MCM increased by 15.1%.
- Semiconductor Intellectual Property (SIP) revenue increased by 24.8%. $ 1,314.3 million. The four-quarter SIP moving average grew 23.9%.
- Services revenue increased by 43.1%. $ 131.1 million. The four-quarter moving average of services increased by 19%.
Revenue by region – Year-over-year variation
- The Americasthe largest region declared by turnover, purchased $ 1,577.2 million of electronic systems design products and services in the fourth quarter of 2021, an increase of 21%. The four-quarter moving average for the Americas increased 17.2%.
- Europe, Middle EastAnd Africa (EMEA) procured $ 482.5 million of electronic systems design products and services in the fourth quarter of 2021, an increase of 5.5%. The four-quarter moving average for the EMEA grew 12.6%.
- of Japan the procurement of products and services for the design of electronic systems decreased by 2.4%. $ 222.8 million. The four-quarter moving average for Japan increased by 1%.
- Asia Pacific (APAC) procured $ 1,185.6 million of electronic systems design products and services in the fourth quarter of 2021, an increase of 13.8%. The four-quarter moving average for APAC increased by 18.9%.
About the EDMD report
The ESD alliance Electronic design market data (formerly Market Statistics Service) presents quarterly revenue data from the Electronic Design Automation (EDA), SIP, and Services industry. Both public and private companies contribute data to the report available from SEMI. Each quarterly report is published approximately three months after the close of the quarter. EDMD the report data is segmented as follows:
- Revenue by product category (CAE, IC Physical Design and Verification, Semiconductor IP, PCB / MCM Layout and Services) including numerous detailed sub-categories
- Revenue by geographic area (Americas, EMEA, Japan and APAC)
- Total employment in the participating companies
For information on SEMI market research reports, visit the SEMI market research reports and database catalog.
Information on the Electronic System Design Alliance
The Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance, a SEMI technology community, is the central voice to communicate and promote the value of the semiconductor design ecosystem as a vital component of the global electronics industry. As an international association of companies providing goods and services across the semiconductor design ecosystem, it is a forum for addressing technical, marketing, economic and legislative issues affecting the entire industry. For more information on the ESD Alliance, visit http://esd-alliance.org.
SEMI® connects more than 2,500 member companies and 1.3 million professionals around the world to advance the technology and business of electronic design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, Fab Owners Alliance (FOA), MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) and SOI Consortium are SEMI strategic technology communities. Visit www.semi.org to find out more, contact one of our offices around the world and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn And Twitter.
The information provided by ESD Alliance is believed to be accurate and reliable, but ESD Alliance assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear in this document. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
A SEMI technology community
Siemens EDA PR
Siemens software for digital industries